Announcing Interac® e-Transfer
The fast, secure way to send and receive money
Here's good news for our members wanting to transfer money.
Thanks to the ease, convenience, and security of Interac® e-Transfer, sending your funds is now a click away.
For more information, download the documents:
Interac® e-Transfer is a convenient way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to online or mobile banking, and you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and a bank account in Canada — without sharing any personal financial information.
What is it used for?
Interac® e-Transfer is a great alternative to cheques and cash. You can use it to simplify your person-to-person payments, for things like:
Settling up for a group dinner bill
Sending your portion for a shared gift
Paying for recreational sports club fees
Paying for household services, like cleaning and dog walking
Why use Interac® e-Transfer?
- It's fast: Over 50 per cent of transfer notifications are now received instantly, allowing for immediate access to funds once deposited through online banking.
- It's secure: Money is transferred directly between financial institutions - without sharing any personally identifiable financial information.
- It's easy: Only a recipient’s email address or mobile number is required to send money. To get started, log in to your online bank account and follow the instructions to add a recipient and begin sending money.
Transactions can be conducted anytime, anywhere via online or mobile banking, meaning Canadians have 24/7 access, 365 days a year.
We take many precautions to protect the online banking environment and ensure your information is safe. MemberDirect® offers you the best security currently available in a commercial environment so that your personal and financial information is protected while in transit between your computer and our server. For more information on MemberDirect® security click on the Security tab once you have logged on.
- Log On: simply use your existing Personal Access Code (PAC). If you are a first time user and need a PAC, please call us during business hours at the credit union to have one assigned to you.
- Bill Payment: Allow 2-3 business days for processing.
- Transfer funds: If you need to transfer money to another member at CCEC please call today to ensure that your online account has these options.
- Account Activity: You can search your account for selected transactions. For example, for cheques, or for bill payments.
Please call 778.588.6811 locally and 1.844.588.6811 toll-free.
If you have any questions, please call us at 604-254-4100 or toll-free at 1-866-254-4100.
Mobile Banking is available. See the demo and sign-up.
Check your balances on your cellular phone!