General Manager, CCEC Credit Union
CCEC Credit Union is a standalone credit union nested on Commercial Drive in Vancouver’s thriving east side with deep roots in the community. It is a dynamic and progressive financial services institution offering financial products and services to community organizations, local businesses, and their members or employees. CCEC celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2016.
With over $55 million in assets and more than 3,700 members, CCEC Credit Union is a strong supporter of community development and social profit organizations. CCEC promotes the co-operative business model and serves an array of co-operatives and progressive businesses and sees itself as a change agent and innovator.
Our Statement of Purpose:
- To promote group solutions to individuals' problems through the development and support of co-operatives and self-help groups responding to basic human needs, community needs, and supporting one another.
- To support and promote responsible action in the areas of social justice, racial and sexual equality, worker democracy, and conservation.
- To develop, support, and promote models for economic organizations that foster and further community, consumer, and worker control, and membership.
- To provide ourselves with needed financial services at reasonable costs.
- To educate ourselves and the larger community in the areas of finance, economics, and politics, toward the end of obtaining a more equal distribution of wealth.
- To maintain a workplace open to worker participation in determining responsibilities, accountability for work performed, and the quality of worklife.
Reporting to our Board of Directors, the General Manager is an inspiring communicator who will champion our future as a relevant and growing credit union that continues to lead in our communities.
You will be a proven leader with a track record as a successful strategist, relationship builder and mentor, leveraging the knowledge and capability of your employees. You will be an excellent collaborator with the Board and with other partner organizations. In the coming five+ years you will:
- Grow the core business and produce sound operating results that meet strategic and regulatory expectations;
- Work with our staff team to develop new programs and business lines to respond to changing community needs;
- Enhance and build on our high standard of service and the level of engagement we have with our members;
You are a collaborative team leader and have demonstrated your ability to build shared success by setting and achieving challenging goals. You are an energetic person who welcomes the challenge of being a visible leader in our communities and an active collaborator and leader within the credit union system. You have a comprehensive knowledge of financial management and control while also considering yourself to be an innovator. You are familiar with the operating environment of financial institutions in Canada and are abreast of relevant regulatory, technological and social developments and trends. You have significant leadership experience in financial services, preferably in the credit union environment. (The full Job Description and competencies list is available from the recruiter, below.)
In past roles you have consistently displayed strategic community development vision, exceptional people management skills, and have had trusting and open professional relationships with key stakeholders.
CCEC Credit Union offers a competitive executive compensation and benefits package. We will consider relocation support for the right candidate. To learn more about CCEC Credit Union, please visit our website at www.ccec.bc.ca.
We encourage all interested applicants to submit your resume with a cover letter by email.
- Highlighting your qualifications for the position.
- Answering the question: what do you see as the key opportunities and threats to small credit unions?
Attn: GM Search Committee
This posting closes March 10, 2018; Please address applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
CCEC is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified people. We thank all applicants for their submissions; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MANAGER, BRANCH OPERATIONS
The Manager, Branch Operations is a member of the executive team, reporting to the General Manager. The manager participates in the development of the credit union’s strategies and policies. Within branch operations, the manager ensures a high level of member service. The manager identifies short and long-term goals and objectives, contributes to the design and development of policies/programs, and ensures the even flow of communication concerning branch plans and programs.